Kaixo, hola, bonjour, hello…
Welcome to the information web page about the international public competition to create a brand for Bilbao-Bizkaia, that also may be applicable just for Bilbao and just for Bizkaia.
In a world that is increasingly more globalised, hypercompetitive and over-communicated, nations, regions and cities are also competing to be attended to and favoured all over the world.
That is why Bilbao and Bizkaia need a brand to continue to make progress in promoting themselves and opening up to the world.
All those professionals and experts who wish to take part in the competition are invited to do so.
Thanks and good luck.
ON THE BRIEFING
In addition to this we also feel it is necessary to create a slogan or corporate claim, that will either form part of the brand or always accompany it. This corporate message for Bilbao and Bizkaia must work in English at the very least, although it will be an advantage if it can be translated into other languages.
Bizkaia Provincial Council and Bilbao Town Hall have accepted the challenge and have taken the initiative by launching a programme that starts with organising the international public competition to create and design a joint brand for Bilbao and Bizkaia, and applying this specifically and separately for Bilbao on the one hand and for Bizkaia on the other.
This brand will sign joint projects by both institutions, such as for example: presence at the International Tourism Fair in Spain (FITUR), the El Sol Latin American Advertising Communication Festival that will be held in Bilbao for the next five years, presence at the NBA stand at the Olympic Games in London 2012, the new Bilbao-Bizkaia Tourist Office at the Plaza Circular, etc.
Bizkaia Provincial Council and Bilbao Town Hall are getting ready to join forces to promote Bilbao-Bizkaia internationally so that they can attract investment, businesses, visitors, events, residents and talent more efficiently.
Since the city of New York launched a tourist campaign in the 1970s with the now famous “I love NY”, the promotion of cities has constantly evolved, and more and more areas and cities are strategically planning this course of action: Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Berlin, Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Stockholm, Glasgow, Hamburg, Leeds, Liverpool, Lyon, Moscow, Nottingham, Rotterdam…
The international jury is made up of 10 members:
- 2 representatives from Bilbao Town Hall
- 2 from Bizkaia Provincial Council
- 3 international experts
- 1 expert from the Public University of the Basque Country
- 1 expert from Deusto University
- The technical manager of the project (without right to vote).
The winner will be decided in 3 stages:
- A Technical Assessment Committee will choose the 10 best anonymous proposals from among all those that have been presented that fulfil the conditions that have been established for the competition.
- The 10 proposals that have been selected will be publicly displayed so that citizens can assess them and vote on them. The vote by popular participation will represent 20% of the final decision by the jury.
- The jury will finally choose the winning idea.
13th of July
- Deadline for handing in work for the competition.
6th of August
- Selection of the 10 proposals to go through to the final stage.
From the 3rd to the 20th of September
- Public exhibition of the 10 pieces of work by finalists so that citizens can see them and vote on them.
21st of September
- Final decision by the jury on the winning brand.